TIPS ON HOW TO MATCH YOUR HAIR COLOR WITH EXTENSIONS
Now that you have decided to get your own set of hair extensions, the next step is to find you the right shade of extensions. Here’s a guide on how to find the best match for you:
1. CONSULT. Established hair extension brands have customer service that assists buyers to find the right shade. You can reach out to them via email, facebook/instagram messages or the appropriate customer service hotline that they have in place. You simply need to send a photo of your hair under natural light, in a raw and unedited version and the company’s customer service personnel will assist you in finding the match for your hair.
2. MATCH THE ENDS OF YOUR HAIR. There are times that our roots have grown out or from multiple color treatments there is more shade than one. Simply match the ends of your hair, the effect will look like a soft balayage and it can even look as if you colored your hair on purpose.
3. GET YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS IN MULTIPLE WEFTS. Don’t get 1 big chunk of hair, sure it’s easy to attach but there will be a stark difference in color and hair quality versus your own hair. Human Hair Extension sets usually come in 6 -8 pcs, spread the hair extension around your hair so you have a natural blend of color instead of chunks of color.
4. DON’T BE AFRAID TO MIX AND MATCH. Chances are you will be unsure and may fall in between 2 shades. Why not get them both?! It will be easier to mix and blend them together to find the right tone of color for your hair.
5. Heck! Just GET A HIGHLIGHT OR LOWLIGHT. If you are still unsure of the colors that will perfectly match your current set of locks, just consider getting a shade that can be your highlight or lowlight. It can either be a stark difference or a soft change in color but with this mindset you wont be afraid of going for the shade that you love.
Lastly if you still cant find the perfect shade, just color it to match your hair. Buying 100% Human Hair Extensions has it perks. You can dye your hair extensions to match the color you want, just like with Keira Hair Extensions. Rule of thumb is its much easier to dye going dark than to lighten, consider this tip if you are thinking of changing your hair extensions from one shade to another.